- ASC/FSGP 2018 Regulations (Rev B) – Released 09/04/2017
- ASC/FSGP 2018 Regulations (Rev A) – Released 02/01/2017
- ASC 2018 Future Regulations Presentation – Released 08/06/2016
Note: Questions regarding grandfathering of vehicles should be directed to the regulations manager at email@example.com.
Official interpretation of the race regulations will be posted here.
- Question: We at <<removed>> would like to request clarification through an official ruling on the 10.6.B regulation regarding the independence of the parking brake from the main system. Is the “dual, balanced braking system”, (i.e. rear and front braking in our case) as described in regulation 10.5, the same as the “main system”, as described in 10.6.B?
- ASC Response: Correct, the dual balanced braking system described in Reg. 10.5 is the same as which is described as the “main system” in Reg. 10.6.B.
- Question: Does the parking brake being independent from the main system mean that the parking brake’s hydraulic line must be entirely separate from the main system’s hydraulic line or simply the activation method independent?
- ASC Response: The parking brake cannot share a hydraulic line with the main system and cannot be used in the performance tests specified in Reg. 10.9.D.
Design Reference Material
- Some electrical and mechanical design reference material applicable to solar cars can be found here.
- ASC 2016 Scrutineering Sheets
- ASC 2016 BPS Test Procedure
Approved Solar Cells – Last Updated 11/20/2017
- Advent Solar Ventura
- China Sunergy CSUN-HP-S125-Dia165-BB2
- China Sunergy TBDSE125
- Evergreen Solar Micro Wire Cells
- ML Solar LLC – MLS-P3x6180
- Motech XS156-200R
- SBM SR6SKCN
- SCHOTT Solar Main ISO PSG 15632 Bin 32
- SolarWorld A-262
- SolarWorld B-431
- SolarWorld B-434
- Suniva, Inc. ARTisun Select, 156-18.8
- SunPower A300, All Bins
- SunPower C50, All Bins
- SunPower C60, All Bins
- SunPower E60, Bins Je1, Ke1, Le1, and Me1 (old bins I and J)
- Azur Space 3T34C (GAs)
- To request approval for a different solar cell, download and submit the form above