This summer’s collegiate level solar car racing is taking place from Jul 22 – Aug 6. Here are some important links to help you stay up to date with the 2016 event. We will do our best to keep the website regularly updated throughout the event but if you are looking for up to the minute stats and information, our social media feeds will be a better bet. If you are primarily interested in following a particular team, we suggest that you check out their website and social media feeds for more information.
- Team Status Board: This page tracks team’s administrative documents, vehicle design reports, and Scrutineering status. The goal here is simple: achieve all greens!
- Team Rankings, Event Maps, Scheduling, & Information: This page features lots of information about both the FSGP and ASC racing events including official team rankings, schedules, and maps. There are portions of both events that are open to the public. If you get the chance, be sure to come out and see the cars up close and in person.
- Live Team GPS Location: This link contains the information you need to see Sporttraxx live tracking of the solar cars throughout FSGP and ASC 2016. To utilize this feature you’ll need to download & install Google Earth, click the “Start 3D Flight” button and zoom in until the team locations become visible.
- Twitter: This will likely be our most frequently updated feed with the latest tidbits of information about the event as it happens.
- Facebook: Here you’ll find periodic updates, photos, and possibly some videos throughout each day.
- Flickr: If you’re looking for photos from this event this is the place to find them. We’ll do our best to upload some new photos each day with more pictures to come from multiple sources after the event wraps up.
See the links below for ASC 2016 press releases on all of the locations.
- Fri Jul 22 – Thu Jul 28: Scrutineering & FSGP 2016 in Wampum, PA
- Sat, Jul 30: ASC 2016 Start Line in Brecksville, OH
- Sat, Jul 30: ASC 2016 Checkpoint in Dayton, OH
- Sun, Jul 31: ASC 2016 Stage Stop in Vincennes, IN
- Mon, Aug 1: ASC 2016 Checkpoint in St. Louis, MO
- Tue, Aug 2: ASC 2016 Stage Stop in Republic, MO
- Wed, Aug 3: ASC 2016 Checkpoint in Topeka, KS
- Thu, Aug 4: ASC 2016 Checkpoint in Beatrice, NE
- Fri, Aug 5: ASC 2016 Stage Stop in Gering, NE
- Sat, Aug 6: ASC 2016 Finish Line in Hot Springs, SD
Revision B of the ASC 2016 regulations have now been published. Be sure to download them and give them a thorough read prior to the event. They contain a table of changes that details the key updates from the initial release.
We’re pleased to announce that Sporttraxx will be sponsoring ASC 2016 with transponders and live tracking for the solar cars during the event!
ChameleonJohn is our latest ASC 2016 sponsor! Check out their website which has lots of coupons and discounts for all the bargain hunters out there.
We would like to thank Eastern National for their in-kind donation of Passport to Your National Parks Books for the American Solar Challenge 2016! Team members will have the opportunity to collect stamps from the 9 national parks along the route, and then continue their collection after the event. In celebration of the National Park Service Centennial, Eastern National has also made special stamps for the American Solar Challenge to be collected by everyone attending. #ASC2016 #FindYourPark
We’re happy to announce 2 new sponsors of this year’s ASC & FSGP event! The first is Kitchen Cabinet Kings, maker of high quality cabinetry sold at affordable factory direct prices. The second is Innovative Funding Services, which provides simple auto loan services and financing advice. Be sure to check out their websites for more information about all they have to offer.
We’re happy to announce that Bridgestone has become the latest sponsor of the 2016 American Solar Challenge and Formula Sun Grand Prix solar car competitions! For many years Bridgestone Ecopia solar car tires have been very popular among teams entering this event due to their exceptionally low rolling resistance. We hope that through their support of this event, Bridgestone will continue to push the envelope when it comes to connecting the power of the sun with America’s roadways!
It’s been a long time coming, but we are pleased to finally be able to announce the 2016 American Solar Challenge dates and route. The event will take place from Jul 22 – Aug 6, 2015. Scrutineering inspections and the FSGP 2016 qualifier will be held at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex (Pitt Race) in Wampum, PA. ASC 2016 will be an 8 day 1800+ mile road rally from Brecksville, OH to Hot Springs, SD. We are partnering with National Park Service as part of their 2016 Centennial to bring the event to 9 national parks, historic sites, or partner properties throughout the Midwest. More information will be added to the event page as it becomes available. For interested collegiate level solar car teams, visit the Event Registration page for more information on how to sign up.
We’re happy to announce new sponsorship from Powersim and PromoDirect for Innovators Educational Foundation (IEF) events. Powersim is offering free PSIM simulation software licenses and training to ASC 2016 solar car teams! And PromoDirect donated some awesome ASC pens for us to use at the event! We’d like to thank them both for this support.